Registration is now open for the Masses. Please read the following information carefully before registering for Mass. You will need to register for every mass you wish to attend.
Guidelines for Returning to Church – Resource for the Faithful
As we prepare to re-open churches, please be aware of the following guidelines. We recognize that they may be awkward/uncomfortable and contrary to our culture of hospitality and community. In working to foster a safe environment for all, we thank you in advance for your patience and co-operation.
Before coming to church:
· Please check temperature of all family members before coming to church. If any family members have a fever, please remain home for the health and safety of all. Consult your family doctor.
· If you exhibit any of the following symptoms, please remain home at this time – cough, fatigue, loss of appetite, shortness of breath, muscle aches, loss of taste or smell, headache, runny nose, sore throat, chills with shakes.
Arriving at church
· Maintain physical distancing at all times – 2 metres (6 feet) from others – in the parking lot, church entrance and in church itself.
· Upon arrival, put on mask/face covering before entering church (for all those over the age of 3)
· Entrance and exit will be by the Steeple Hill Cresent entrance only. Follow direction of ushers, volunteers, and signage as appropriate.
· Sanitize hands upon entry and regularly wherever possible.
· Pews and aisles are marked to note physical distancing requirements. Families and households living at the same residence may sit together; the same 2 metre (6 ft.) distance should be maintained concerning others. Follow direction of ushers for seating.
· Pews have been emptied of prayer books, hymnals, etc. Parish bulletins will not be published at this time.
· Holy Water fonts are empty and not in use at this time.
Celebration of the Eucharist
· Please listen carefully to announcements before the start of Mass. Follow direction as advised.
· Altar servers, lectors will be kept to an absolute minimum during this period of time. Please do not enter the sacristy unless you have been asked to assist during Mass.
· Other than a cantor, there will be no singing at Mass until further notice.
· There will be no offertory procession or collection. Please leave donation in the designated basket upon entry/departure as directed.
· We ask that people do not hold hands or shake hands during any portion of the celebration of the Eucharist. At the Sign of Peace, a nod or bow to others is appropriate.
· Masks/face coverings should be partially removed prior to reception of Holy Communion and put back on immediately after consumption.
· During this time of pandemic and under the guidance of local medical health officials, the faithful are asked to receive Holy Communion in the hand by placing one on top of the other, allowing the Eucharistic Minister to safely place the Body of Christ in one’s hand without contact.
· Follow direction of ushers for communion flow ensuring physical distancing at all times
· Follow direction provided for dismissal and departure – exits may be different than those you are accustomed to.
· Following Mass, please depart the church without delay so that cleaning may commence. While it is our nature to congregate/socialize in the foyer or parking lot, we ask you NOT to do so at this time. Please maintain physical distancing.
· If you suddenly feel ill, start coughing or sneezing, please leave the church for the health and safety of others gathered.
· Children’s ministry, prayers groups and other ministries that gather in the church/church grounds are either suspended at this time.
· Please use washrooms only if absolutely necessary. Please wipe down all surfaces in the washroom before and after use. Ensure that you wash your hands with warm, soapy water after using washroom facilities. Please respect physical distancing outside the washroom.
· If, within 14 days of attending Mass, you learn that you or someone in your family who attended Mass with you has tested positive for COVID-19, you are asked to: a) contact the Ontario Public Health Authority; and, b) contact the parish office. Your identity will not be revealed to anyone other than the Public Health Authority, and only to ensure that any spread is contained.
Registration can be made by calling the office at 613-591-1135, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the link below.
Please note the location of the dropdown for the number of people you are registering. Please include everyone in your party, including children and infants.
Information About Registering for Mass
Since reopening the church on June 24th, we have been using Eventbrite as the primary resource for parishioners to register for Mass. Because we are required to keep records for contact tracing, each person who attends the Sunday celebration must provide their name and phone number. Signing on to Eventbrite and completing the registration is quick and easy.
Recognizing that not all our parishioners have access to the internet, the secondary resource for Mass registrations is the dedicated phone line in the parish office. The office staff collects the names and phone numbers given this way and includes them with the on-line registrations.
There is a third means of registration which is available to those who in ministry at the Sunday celebration. Ushers, lectors, music ministers, and members of the WorshipSafe Teams are pre-registered for the Mass at which they are serving. Family members attending Mass with someone who is serving need to register through Eventbrite or by phone.
September coming and cottage and holiday season drawing to a close; we anticipate more people will be returning to the church for the Sunday celebration. With this very real possibility, and so that as many as possible might have the opportunity to attend Mass, we are reminding parishioners about the registration process:
(1) Each week, using Eventbrite, parishioners are to register for the Sunday Mass or Masses they will attend. Registering for multiple Masses is an option with Eventbrite.
(2) Each week, by phone, parishioners are to register for the upcoming Sunday Mass. Registering for multiple Masses is not an option when phoning in. This change come into effect immediately.
(3) Emailed requests for registration will no longer be accepted. This change comes into effect immediately.
(4) If you have registered for Mass but are unable to attend, please cancel your registration so that others can attend in your place.